Loving Life

Life is a gift hence I'm thankful for it. Life is a journey therefore I keep walking it.

Sunday 29 May 2011

Celoteh 5: Aduh Mas, saya jadi malu!

So this is the story. Friday nite after Lia's College Valedictory, we went back home as it was raining. We were still deciding whether to have dinner outside or just stayed at home. Well Lia's happy to stay at home while I was still in the mood of spending the nite outside despite of the rain. However we kept thinking on where to have dinner, kind of to celebrate Lia finishing college. From Movida (a funky Tapas place) to Mekong (a casual Vietnamese food place), Lia came with one random selection: Mamasita. We looked at the website, checking the menu and the opening hours and there we went.
We've been craving to try that restaurant since last year. We did go there last time with our friend, Nadia, but we were told that it's going to take around 1 hour or so to get our table. Last time we arrived there around 7.20 and was phoned around 8.45PM (and was informed that the table was ready soon). We skipped Mamasita that time and went to Izakaya Chuji.
And so we decided to try our luck at Mamasita. That place is always full and my friends told me that the food is really good. We were not too hungry (fortunately) that time so when we were queuing and told that it's gonna be 45-50 minutes, we were happy to wait.

Then it's our turn, first one in the line. We were told to get our drinks from bar while waiting for table. I got myself a Guayaba (sparkling guava) while Lia ordered Mojito Granita. Then 2 chairs at the bar were empty and the waiter asked whether we didn't mind to eat at the bar. Been waiting for quite a`while and since it's only two of us, I told him that we were happy to eat at the bar. Since we've been given the menu while still in queue, we knew what to order. And this bartender, a man with beautiful blue eyes, asked us what to order. Oh he was the one who served us for the drinks too. As we've seen the website before we came, I remember that it's suggested: 2 to 3 smaller food items and one main per couple should be sufficient. And so we ordered:
-Tostaditas de Cangrejo (4 per serve)
-1 Tacos de Camarones
-1 Tacos al Pastor
-1 Quesadillas de Huitlacoche
-1 Ensalada de Quinoa

Basically like 3 entree, 1 salad and 1 Quesadillas (later on we reckon it can be counted as a main). I asked the bartender whether they should be enough. He said they were good to start but  we might want to add later on. And so I replied, good then we might order more later.

The first one that served is the Tostaditas. It's 4 per serve but they are small. And you know what, they are REALLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!! The Crab meat, the mayo plus the tamarind flavour that makes it light. The taste is really beautiful! Looking at the size and tasting the first dish, I was immediately  tempted to order more. The first dish really gave me good impression and increased my appetite. We decided to wait for our tacos. And so the tacos were served and they are great!!! Especially the prawns, they are grilled perfectly!! And so Lia and me were thinking whether to order more tacos or 1 main.

As I asked that bartender-with-beautiful-blue-eyes how big is the main, he replied it's designed to share so it's big enough. And so we decided to try the main. And we ordered Cerdo en Nogada plus potato for the side (as we were suggested by him).

 After we ordered the main, the quesadillas was served along with the salad. They are equally great. That was my first time trying Quinoa and I can tell you, it is not as strange as the name. As we were trying to finish these 2 dishes, the waiter brought out the main and the potato. By that time, Lia and me were 80% full already hahahaha We were wondering whether we could finish it! The pork fillet is beautiful as it's tender. The pomegranate sort of cleanse your mouth so you don't feel too meaty after eating the pork. The potato is fried well and the green chillies help to add the flavour and kick your tooth to keep chewing :p

And in the end we finished all the pork fillet. There were still a bit of salad left and quite plenty of potato though. And there came the highlights of our dinner: that bartender who didn't chat to us through our dinner, clapped his hands. I got not really good impression of him before as he did chat with the others but not with Lia and me. It's only when he took our order or when we asked him for something in the menu. I admit I also didn't make an effort to make a conversation with him. But at the end of our dinner, he kind of giving us applause. He said: "well done, guys! I feel like taking picture of you guys and put it at the bar." while smiling to us. And I replied:"with all the plates??" and he replied back: "yeah, good idea".
And so Lia and me were giggling, we were 2 girls but we were ordering foods for probably a group of 4 people. We feel so embarrassed but oh well, we were all happy with the dinner, weren't we?
As he took our plates away I told him: "the food are really beautiful! I enjoyed it very much". He said: "that's great! and those pork fillet, they taste great,don't they?"
And in the end, he still teased us: "desserts time?? Time for desserts now". So I replied as I was asking for the bill: "we have to skip desserts this time". He replied: "Fair enough, ladies" hahahahahaha

And so there was one unforgettable Friday nite. Quality time with my sister in one funky place with great foods and an applause from bartender with beautiful blue eyes.

Oh, here is their website: www.mamasita.com.au

Definitely worth the wait! And definitely there will be next visit to Mamasita, and I promise I will order more wisely. You treat us well, Mama : )

No comments:

Post a Comment