Loving Life

Life is a gift hence I'm thankful for it. Life is a journey therefore I keep walking it.

Thursday 13 August 2015

A Note on Today

It's been quite hard for the past 3 days. 

I sent my family back to the airport on Tuesday after their 12 days visit. It was a teary farewell, I normally can hold my tears but not this time. 
Then I went for interview, I knew it didn't went really well. I did not prepare well. 

Wednesday I woke up with headache so I spent the day to basically try to eliminate the headache, by sleeping, drinking lots of water, took panadols. 

Today, I woke up with new spirit, thinking that I have basically wasted one whole day yesterday. Morning was fine, I ticked some from my to-do-list: vacuuming and tidy up the apartment, sort and throw the rubbish, clean the vacuum cleaner, check mailbox. Then it started, I got a phone call saying that I failed the interview on Tuesday. Then when I called another agent he told me that the job market is quiet at the moment. Then I took shower as I was planning to go out to do groceries. The hot water wouldn't stop running, I was panicking in the shower. The tap couldn't be closed. I ran to my room to close the hot water main valve. At that point I was basically torn. Apart from family, stress out from trying to find a job, being told that I didn't get the job, and now the tap was broken, more expenses for me!

Trying to collect myself, I told myself at least I knew where the hot water valve so the water stopped flowing. I called plumber, pick a random one from the internet. I knew it's going to be expensive. I only prayed that the plumber won't be trying to manipulate me (since I knew nothing about this stuff!).

Plumber came, both taps were replaced. I asked him to plug in the bidet as well. The bill came out, it's just as he predicted. For me, yes it's an expensive one but what could I do? It needs to be fixed sooner or later. Sooner is better as I don't want to get thousand dollars hot water bill! 
After paying the bill I contacted my Aunt. Just before she left on Tuesday she gave me money as a gift. She is basically like a mother to me and she considers me as one of her daughters too. I said to her, "God is good, the money you gave just enough to cover the cost of fixing the taps!." 
Her answer is what I learn today: "haha...pas ya Ella.. emang Tuhan yang memberi ya." (haha...the money is enough to pay the cost... it is God who provides.)

Today I learn and am reminded. God knows everything and He takes care of us. He provides us before we even know that we need it. Be grateful, persevere and believe. 

PS: Just as I was going to start writing this post, another agent called me, there's a role coming up and he'd like to know whether I am interested. The salary is below what I'm looking, the company is not as big as I want, but I need a job badly and the description of the role seems quite challenging. So I asked him to pass my resume to the company. I don't know what will come out as the result. We'll wait and see. I believe if it's been prepared for me then I'll get it, if not there's a better one coming. For now, and always, be grateful, persevere, and believe. Let's hope tomorrow is a better day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment